Cassette Interface

General discussion related to the PE6502, 65C02-based, single board computer.

Moderator: Corneleous

Cassette Interface

Postby Toto_fanXD1999 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am

So one of my favorite things about vintage computers is their ability to save data to Cassette Tape. Being that it was the Apple I's main way to save data, I think it would be more than fitting to be able to do the same with this computer. So I wanted to see if anybody had any ideas on how to pull something like this off. I want to be able to write programs and save them to tape.
Toto_fanXD1999

Re: Cassette Interface

Postby Corneleous » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 am

Toto_fanXD1999 - I'm 100% with ya on this! Back in the day, when I got my first computer (a Commodore 64), we only had a tape drive for a LONG time... And, I have fond memories of using the tape drive- plus I know there are now ways to use tape interface with an iPhone (or other mobile phone) to load up tape software.

Couple things- I've recently ordered and received Apple I style card sockets- and think I will include 1 on the backplane I am designing. This way, both the CFFA1 (Compact flash hard drive) and a cassette interface card (for actual apple one, or one of it's clones) should work. We'll add a cassette interface card to the list! I've already got the code for it too..

Corneleous
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Jason Putnam
putnamelectronics
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Corneleous

Return to PE6502 Single Board Computer - General Discussion